In the yarn crafting respect, my year didn't really start until late July when I rediscovered the joys of crochet after a long hiatus. Knitting followed soon after that, and almost instantly I was pulled into the exciting new world of spinning.
- I started a blanket for the Ravellenic Games (that I haven't yet finished).
- I knit myself a pair of fair isle socks.
- I knit myself a "lace" cowl. Lace in quotes because its has lace techniques but made from a kind of bulky yarn.
- I made my little brother a pair of fingerless mittens.
- I started a sweater for the boyfriend (I have approx. three rows left of torso before I start sleeves).
- I knit a pair of TARDIS socks for the boyfriend.
- I crocheted Archer, a stuffed dog, for a mystery CAL.
- I knit a lace shawl for the Jen Lucas Mystery KAL.
- I knit a pair of socks for my best friend Frosty.
- I started an entralac scarf for my mother's belated Christmas gift.
Looking forward to 2013, I have been trying to make concrete goals for myself, so I can actually achieve them. This is what I've come up with:
- > 3.5 GPA during my last year in college. I have managed this every term up until now, except for the term where I took linear algebra and discrete math II at the same time.
- Knit/Crochet the following 13 items:
- 2 Hat
- 2 Sweater/Garment
- 1 Shawl/Coat/Jacket
- 1 Pair Gloves/Mittens
- 2 Scarf/Cowl
- 1 Pair Leggings/Legwarmers
- 1 Pair Shorts (Option, not sure if this is something I really want yet)
- 2 Pair Socks
- 1 Bag/Purse
- Update blog at least twice a week. I have been pretty lax up until now. I plan to change that.
- Cook at least thrice a week. I enjoy cooking, but like exercise I have a hard time convincing myself to get started and frequently reach for something quick and convenient. Also, college is expensive and so are groceries. I'll have to up my budgeting skills!